So far, I LOVE using WW and their Points+ system. It really has taught me about serving sizes and portion control. Before- I could eat 5 3 cookies in a sitting and think nothing of it. Now- I eat one. I have learned to eat what I like, but in moderation. Also, I have started to enjoy fruits and veggies again. Growing up I loved to eat a salad and munch on fruit, but through college and my first couple years in the real world those healthy snacks waned into nonexistence in my fridge. Cost and time were the biggest factors into why - being a poor college student and a first years teacher can take its toll on you! Another reason I have enjoyed WW? It is reminding me that I really enjoy spending time in the kitchen. I cook more, experiment with new recipes and make my poor boyfriend, D, taste-test them. (Although I think there have been more successes than failures so far!)
I plan to update more as I go through my journey with WeightWatchers to both help hold myself accountable with my goal to get healthy, but also to hopefully inspire others to do the same! I also am going to share some of my favorite new recipes, exercise ideas and general life updates. Feel free to leave words of encouragement or ideas for recipes to try!
No comments:
Post a Comment